[lit-ideas] Re: The End of Fukuyama

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 23:59:18 EST

Re. "intelligent design" (and I really, really don't want to get that whole
thing going again, but I can't not tell this), a "reputed scholar" (I didn't
ever get the name or where he was from, but the local Assemblies of God Church
 touted him as quite the academician ....) gave a lecture at said Church.
My Mother (who is normally quite educated and informed) came away from the
four hour "seminar" knowing now that it is scientifically supportable that the
universe is only a few thousand years old and that the Intelligent Design
literally took place in 7 24-hour days.

I give up.

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========
Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: The End of Fukuyama  Date: 3/1/06 5:44:58 P.M. Central
Standard Time  From: _eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope that Eric is not hurt that Cristopher sees  him
as a "temporary ally."

First that's Christopher. Second I'm a  Democrat.
Third Hitchens has all kinds of enemies: he sought
the  prosecution of Henry Kissinger for war crimes,
revealed Mother Teresa as a  pious fraud, and
stopped contributing to The Nation when their
editorial  board insisted on a "blame America
first" response to Islamist terrorism. He
denounced the Bush Administration for making
"Intelligent Design" seem  like science instead of
theology. Recently he denounced the Bush
Administration again for not standing up for Denmark.

He's  consistently demonstrated an ability to think
for himself, which I  admire.

Then there's chess. Chess has an amazing purity,
doesn't it  Omar, at least when one is not involved
in  tournaments?