[lit-ideas] Re: The Education of a Swain

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:42:54 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 29/4/09, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx <Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> "J L Speranza is a doctor" is not really _essential_ to me,
> or  anything.
> Indeed, in most circumstances (when I'm out in a bar, say),
> I don't  use it
> (like Orton, I say, "I'm a trucker"; it works better" --
> only I don't  smell
> like one.

This reminds me of a most important theory (I've just had): Liz Anscombe is a
closet lizzie and her hubbie is a closet 'whassup'. Seriously. To understand
this strange state of affairs, you have to understand many other things - for
example, the repressive and 're-diverting' effect that manies a culture (and
religion within that e.g. Catholicism) can have on sexual activity.

To start to unravel this mystery, a good place is to consider what is the most
interesting sexual 'dysfunction' of all? [Answer below].

Donal
Not truckin' today
Ldn

Ans.
Not hetero- or homo-, but those (nearly all men) who believe that they are a
gender trapped in body with the wrong genitals (gays and straights do not
believe they are so trapped e.g. lesbians do not think they men trapped in a
woman's body, nor gays that they women trapped in a man's body).