[lit-ideas] Re: The Deontic And The Boulemaic

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 00:05:34 -0500

JL:
I hope you are not joining the illogicalities of R. Paul. He denies that
Joan Rivers is twenty-years (old).

Not at all. Being a Zenoist, I say we're all, after the first instant of birth, infinitely old. Robert Paul just doesn't want to admit how infinitely old he is, and so he clings to conventional uses of language. God help him. As Zeno proves, an instant is forever, unstoppable in its division. Some say that's how God's clock works. The instant hand seemingly stuck for ever in the now. Seeming is the key word here. God, being eternal has never experienced past, present, future. He's just always in the child-like now -- which is not the same as the present, because the present is the child of the past, and the future, to the present, doesn't really exist. Being eternal, God can't parent the present without having become the past -- and God can't be a has-been. Some say that for all eternity -- forever and forever and forever -- God contemplated Joan Rivers and brought her to fleshly fruition as a gambit of history to play her role in his great drama of existence. We'll have to wait for the final curtain before passing judgment on the author, the actors or the quality of the production. Certainly in length and numbers of characters God surpasses Tolstoy.

"More tea?"  God said.

"No more than before," I said and left it up to him to decide.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: <Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx>