[lit-ideas] The Debate

  • From: "Erin Holder" <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 22:53:50 -0400

1.  No matter what the question was, neither of the candidates addressed
what was asked.
1.1  Since when does health care have to do with the environment?
2.  George W. Bush was about to say "reverse" instead of "reserve".
3.  The women in the audience were very poorly dressed.
4.  One guy asked a really stupid question that requested Kerry to look into
the camera and tell the truth
5.  George W. Bush owns a small timber company?
6.  I can't believe you think Canadian drugs will kill you.
7.  I flipped between the debate and That 70's Show.
7.1  I also managed to watch the new Jessica Simpson music video.
7.2  My mother thinks that when she said "pieces of me" she is really saying
"fish earls".
7.3  I don't know how the association was initially made.
7.4. I think she's just disturbed because they're leaving for Israel
tomorrow and she left their revised wills at the office.
7.5  I said I'd be in charge of all their financial investments.
8.  I think both candidates are full of shit.
8.1  I'm glad I'm not American.
8.2  I don't care if I have to wait for five hours to see a doctor at the
hostpital for a cut that needs two stiches.
8.3  I don't have any cuts that need stitches, but I did fall down the
stairs yesterday.
8.4  I thought that maybe if I broke my ankle I wouldn't have to write my
exam.
8.5  I didn't break my ankle.
9.  The debate was on at least six channels.
10.  I rather liked Kerry's closing remarks.
11.  I rather liked Bush's appeal to the "scrutiny of history" in regards to
his mistakes.
12.  I rather liked my bottle of Moosehead more than I cared for either of
them.
13.  It was a very small audience.
14.  Who the hell goes to these things?
15.  Was it really "live"?
16.  Who do you all vote for?
17.  Are you all the sort of people that don't like to tell who you vote
for?
18.  Can you tell I don't care a whit about politics?
19.  Do you know who the Canadian Prime Minister is?
19.1  Paul, you don't count.
19.2  Phil, neither do you.
20.  If I made over 200,000 a year, I'd like a tax break.
20.1  If I didn't make over 200,00 a year, I'd like a tax break.
21.  I just got another G.S.T cheque.
21.1  Yes, that's c-h-e-q-u-e.
22.  Why aren't I out?
22.1  I have to take the parental units to the airport in the morning.
23.  Guess what?
23.1  I HAVE A PLAN.

Erin
Toronto