[lit-ideas] Re: The Death of Postmodernism And Beyond

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 22:23:56 -0700

So the article has a 2006 copyright and a 2013 publication date.  That's an
unusual way to find one's way to the essence of...to use the term Kirby
uses...today's "cultural production."

I wonder if Whistler, his mother, Jane Austen knew they were engaged in
cultural production?

I read a similar article when the CD Rom was the latest hot thing.  Robbe
Grillet was suddenly out of date and people were said to be finding their own
ways to locate and navigate stains on their walls.  I doubt many did.

Intellectual change happens, says the man who trained as an intellectual
historian, but contemporaries are not good at noting exactly when.

David Ritchie,
Portland,