[lit-ideas] Re: The De-Exctinction of Post-Modernism

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 23:16:08 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 5/4/2013 5:54:28 P.M.  UTC-02, omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx
writes:
that most of the dominant thinkers and  writers of postmodernism are now
dead in a quite physical sense. This might not  by itself prove that postmo as
a school of thought is dead though.

Still, as H. P. Grice says, in "The Life and Opinions of H. P.  Grice",

"we should treat those are great and dead as if they were great and living"
 -- or words to that effect.

---I notice that it's the BLURB (or by-line) to the essay (plus,
admittedly, title of essay) that mentions 'death' metaphorically or not.

And so on.

I notice that the author of the essay holds a PhD (Exexter) and lives in
Oxford, which should have him sympathetic to Grice. Or not.

Cheers,

Speranza