[lit-ideas] Re: The Cosmic Blues?

  • From: Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Paul)
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 22 Jun 2004 18:26:50 PDT

Andy Amago wrote:

'I did in fact go into that page a second time and did not find the reference.
I have concluded it is not there.'

After reading this I too went to the page a second time, using the address Chris
Bruce sent in his original post on 15 June
<http://www.harpers.org/WeeklyReview2004-06-15.html> and again found:

'Virginia reconstructed the sound of the Big Bang and discovered that it sounded
at first like a "majestic" major third chord and then changed to a "sadder"
minor third. Ray Charles died. Scientists found that people with higher social
status live longer, and that women are more likely to have sex when they're
fertile.'

Robert Paul
Reed College