[lit-ideas] Re: The Children

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:13:56 -0400

At 10:44 AM 9/22/2005, you wrote:

The children are back. I hate the children. I hate them especially at 8:30am. Why does there have to be an elementary school behind my house? The summer was so peaceful. And now it's back to this intolerable shrieking, whining, complaining, and demanding. "He took my Frisbee". "She won't let me play". "Give it back!" Throwing garbage over my fence. Throwing toys over it, only to then pound on it ferociously, hollering up to my open window "Hey! Hey you in there! Give me back my ball!". God, it's horrible. You can't even imagine.

I feel your pain. I have three little girls [and lots of friends] with a trampoline in the backyard adjacent to mine. One day this summer, i was lazing around, floating in the pool and every so often, I would hear "hey mister" as they jumped above the fence line. By the time I looked up, their little heads had dropped down again. There were no shortage of shrieking, whining, complaining and demanding, and that was just by me.

objecting vehemently to the term "mister"
hating children, almost as much as Erin,

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada