[lit-ideas] Re: The Causal Theory of Perception

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 13:21:28 -0800

On Feb 4, 2014, at 12:53 PM, Donal McEvoy wrote:

> It's not extraordinary a win, sorry, though it is advantageous to Arsenal so
> I must here be glad of a Chelsea victory. Chelsea's winning the European
> Championship was fairly extraordinary given how badly they played - like
> Greece winning the equivalent for nations.

By "extraordinary" I meant that Man City had not, till that point, lost a home
game.  Home wins for City were ordinary; this was extraordinary.  I intended no
commentary on the quality of the match played, as it was, by two sides who
offer (as you say) a threat to the One Team any normal person would follow.

BTW the skill with which Andy Murray kicks and controls a tennis ball with his
feet--between points--suggests he'd be a useful player.  Do you know if
Wenger's got scouts out watching him?  I'm sure he'd be a cheap acquisition,
and men with bad backs seem to be just the ticket at present.

David Ritchie,
goonering in
Portland, Oregon