[lit-ideas] Re: The Causal Theory of Perception

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 09:59:47 -0800

On Feb 4, 2014, at 3:55 AM, cblists@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> An exercise for the reader - choose the quotation from Wittgenstein most
> appropriate to recent discussion on this list.

I can't offer anything useful, but I can call your attention to how Chelsea
managed to beat Man City at City's home ground, an extraordinary win.  Mourinho
is Chelsea's coach.

Mourinho also revealed the final words of inspiration to his team before they
took to the field at Etihad Stadium came from masseur Billy McCulloch rather
than the manager himself.
"He was screaming at them in Scottish. I didn't understand a word," said
Mourinho. "The players were clapping so I thought 'OK, that's good'. I'm
serious."

David Ritchie,
not screaming in
Portland, Oregon