[lit-ideas] Re: The Cat's Truth

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 01:51:24 -0600

Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:

Geary:
"I doubt that very many people live their lives hungering for Truth, unless Truth be defined as pussy." Well, that should include the lesbian philosophers, which is good.

Let's not forget Bacon, for altogether different reasons. As well as being involved personally in the "witch trials" of the period, he also proposed an empirical science where nature should be "tortured, until she gives up her secrets." We can't seem to get rid of this masculine torture of the feminine, can we?

"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence and ignorance." -------------------------------------------------
John Wager                john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                  Lisle, IL, USA