[lit-ideas] Re: The Cat At Whom He Has Hissed

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 18:08:57 -0230

Quoting Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> DR:
> "Seventy dollars to come and sixty dollars for an "hour's" labor,
> which actually lasted fifteen minutes."
>

> A $70 service charge!  Where the hell was he coming from?  Memphis?    Wow,
> no wonder I'm struggling.
>
> Mike Geary
> Memphis

Look at the bright side: you don't have a Swedish maid.

I could start on about vet bills for cats with urinary tract problems, and the
cost of the special catfood required, but I've just returned from 3 hours of
ushering at convocation and I need some down-time. Amazing: these graduands
have BAs and MAs and yet they act like moose caught in headlights when
convocating. I even ran out of bobbie pins.

Another prosperous line of work these days besides plumbing and automotive
repair is hairstyling ... esp. around convocation time. I barely recognized
many of my past students, what with the curls and all ... and those are just
the guys!

All ausge-hugged and -kissed (even by those students who hated my course at the
time. What does it all mean???)

Walter O
MUN