[lit-ideas] Re: The Bush Button

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 22:42:53 EST

God bless you for your eloquence.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] The Bush Button
Date: 3/1/06 5:24:21 P.M. Central Standard Time  From: _atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric:
> I have several friends who HAVE  to hate Bush--not merely strongly disagree
> with individual policies,  but actively hate Bush--and anything else is
> apostasy, is  tergiversation, is personal betrayal.

I'm one of those Bush Haters.   Not because I HAVE TO HATE HIM -- in fact, I
don't even know what that  means.  I suppose you're saying that Bush Haters
feel compelled to hate  Bush by their peer group, that unless they speak the
shibboleths of hate,  they'll not be admitted into the hip scene which
Lawrence Helm would call  the
Islamo-Terrorist-Marxist-Liberal-PussyWhipped-Peacenik-Chickenshitcowards
(and have 873 authors to back him up, God bless him), but which I would call
simply patriotic Americans with a modicum of social conscience.  But  maybe
there's another reason some people hate Bush with such special  virulence.
Maybe some of us see the damage being done to what we assumed  (perhaps
naively) are the core values of America -- damage that seems to  many of us
as being close to irreparable.  Maybe some of us see people  like Dick Cheney
and Tom Delay and the Enron Gang and the World Com Conmen,  the Global
Crossing Double-Crossers, and all the Blalocks and Jack Abramoffs  buying off
Congress, and all the unaccountable Andersen Accounting firms  firming up
phony profits and all the phony prophets of Islamic Armageddon as  adjuncts
to George W. Bush.  The old part and parcel.  Maybe  because we see the
Patriot Act as Fascism in Action, because we see Gitmo  and Abu Ghraib as
clones of the Gulag Archipelago, because we see the  destruction of Social
Security and Medicare and Medicaid as a plutocratic,  orgiastic greed-grab,
because we see in the Katrina response by the Bush  Administration, not just
unimaginable incompetence but criminal malfeasance  and execrable
indifference to the welfare of the ordinary citizens of this  country.  But
mostly, I think, Bush Hatred is based, not their fouling  of the domestic
nest, but their policies of rank colonialism.  The  whole world told these
stupid, stupid, stupid men NOT TO INVADE IRAQ but  they (like Cheney said to
Lehey) told the world:  "Go fuck  yourself."  We know what was best for the
us and the world.

But,  of course, it was Bush-Cheney who fucked everything up.  Everything.
Everything, everything, everything.  Convince me of one thing they  haven't
fucked up and I'll kiss your ass.  They are not just  incompetent -- they're
don't even KNOW they're incompetent.  They're  not just evil, they don't even
KNOW they're evil -- although I'm not sure if  you can be evil without
knowing you're evil -- any help here,  Phil?

So anyway.  Those are just a few of the reasons why I hate  George W. Bush so
much.  I could go on for days but I have to get to  another job.  I hope this
helps you in your quest to understand Bush  Haters and their virulence --
Bush and his ilk have done more damage  to America than Osama Ben Laden ever
dreamed of being able to  do.

Mike Geary
Memphis
trying to clear the  Bush