[lit-ideas] "The Book of the Sword" -- and The River Plate Days of Sir R. Burton KCMG

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:34:01 EDT

DR: "This is too much for me to take in right now, but  it looks quite
wonderful"

Thanks. I hope you realise there was a typo, and  that Burton's book was "The
Book of _the_ Sword" 1884 (Chatto and Windus) --  later repr.

reference I gave in connection with your  long-lasting interest in those
things.

Incidentally, I noticed that "La forma de la espada"  by Borges ('The shape
of the sword') is available in a Dual Language Dover  Edition of Short Stories.
I have it and love those dual language editions. It  makes you really feel
that you can _handle_ a furrin language.

Cheers,

JL