[lit-ideas] Re: The Blue Man Group

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:10:32 -0500

Blue Man Group in Tupperware commercials?  Don't remember those.

I went to see them in Toronto on Wednesday night and was very impressed. A great show. I didn't realize until the second number that the musicians up in the boxes were real. They mimicked animation so expertly. The music was great. The lighting was great. The skits were witty, sometimes even poignant. The audience loved them. We had smiles on our faces all the long cold walk back to the hotel. Perhaps more bang for our buck than the Cirque du Soleil extravaganza, Delirium, that we went to on Tuesday night. It also was grand and fabulously conceived and performed -- a treat for the eyes and the ears, but less emotion somehow -- less for the heart to take home. Ursula

Paul Stone wrote:

I've seen some videos of them. I have thought about going to see them when they were performing close by, but the tickets I have seen for them are pretty expensive (remember, I'm cheap, so they may be reasonable for someone else). I think they are very talented and entertaining but I'm biased because I play drums -- I don't know whether the universal appeal for non-musicians [insert drummer joke here] would apply. I've pretty much loved them since the tupperware commercials which made them famous.