[lit-ideas] The Blame Game: Mr. Big to be Indicted?

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 11:56:29 -0700

Foreign papers are talking about reports that Bush told Arab leaders that God
told him to
invade Afghanistan and Iraq.

"God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq ...' And I did."

So it's the christian god who is getting the blame for the disaster in Iraq.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/10/07/MNGNVF3SFM1.DTL

The White House is in full-denial mode, stating that Bush never made such
statements. "He
never had sect with that god."

yrs,
andreas