[lit-ideas] Re: The Black Day of the German Army

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 00:29:34 -0700

On May 15, 2008, at 8:27 PM, Lawrence Helm wrote:

David Ritchie wonders where I saw Fussell, and I've been trying to remember. It had to be something on CSPAN. That's just about the only thing I watch on TV. Perhaps it was one of those programs where they deal with a writer’s whole corpus. I vaguely remember his talking about uniforms or being interested in the minutiae of something I didn't find especially interesting.

He did write a book about uniforms, which is not his best book. Press on, he's worth your attention.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon