[lit-ideas] Re: The Administratin, was Re: The flu

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:51:44 -0500

A.A."I wonder if Jeb is that weird."

Probably not. But if that's what it takes to be elected, he will become
whatever he needs to be.

Regarding Andy's point that all the protesting does no good, what do you
think of an economic boycott?  A huge amount of the money made by retail
outlets is made between Thanksgiving Day (today in US for overseas
readers.)  Fifty five million people voted for Kerry.  If just ten million
of us purchased one Christmas gift instead of several for all the people
with whom we exchange gifts, children excepted, I think it would have a
tremendous impact.  The two things these people seem to understand is money
and power.  They now have the power, but they are relying very heavily on
consumer purchases and home building.  Home purchases will decline anyway
as interest rates rise, which it must, to keep foreigners lending us money.

Re Iran, I don't believe for a moment that they have stopped developing
nuclear weapons.  I think they are doing it underground or at sites the UN
and US don't know about.  They have clearly stated that this is a matter of
pride for the Iranian people.  This came after someone asked the Iranians
why they need nuclear plants for energy when they are sitting on a sea of
oil.

Veronica

mean a thing.  These people won't listen no matter what happens.  They're
even saber rattling at Iran.  Their foreign policy is, we'll come in,
destabilize you, and leave, so that'll learn ya.  Hey, maybe it's working
since Iran seems to be capitulating, on the surface of it anyway.  A lot of
angry people in a cauldron of chaos who don't like Americans.  Certainly
interesting.

>  My other thought was that they plan to be in power
> for decades to come.  Jeb will be next president, then Jeb's son who is
> preparing himself.  Furthermore, the more power they have, the easier it
is
> to gerrymander, which they have been doing big time.  Without it, they
> would not have the majorities in the House and the Senate.  I was thinking
> that some of the people who voted for these guys might start writing
> letters and calling their Congressional representatives about something
> other than Creationist books and re-writing history at the Lincoln
Memorial.

> A.A.  Creationists are as happy as God-fearing clams.  I still find it
hard to believe that the president of the United States has a direct line
to God.  I wonder if Jeb is that weird.

> Andy Amago
>

> Veronica

White