[lit-ideas] Re: The 9.11 Report

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:16:45 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ronnie <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Re Israel, if we
> are advocating removing Israel from the Middle East,
> you (we) need to come up with a place for them (6
> million plus) to go, assuming they are willing,
> which I believe they are not.

*How about the US ? I believe that most Israelis
would be willing, if they were given the US
citizenship.

> There is also the question of who was there first,
> (I believe the Jews) etc., etc.

*Impressed by your enormous historical knowledge,
Veronica. The question of who was there first is not
necessarily very relevant, and it can\t really be put
in these terms given that those who were there are
long dead. However, some day check out the story of
Abraham in the Bible, the references to the Semitic
peoples who were living there etc.

> Re which Arabs will be carpet bombed if it comes to
> that, I am afraid, literally, that most of the US
> population will not much care.

*How could they ? To care, they would need some basic
knowledge of geography.

> If Israel is the cause of all our troubles, how does
> one explain the Arab Muslims in the Sudan
> exterminating the African Muslims in the Sudan?  I
> don't get this, really.

*Right, ethnic conflicts are real hard to get.
Whatever happened to those Indians in Milford ?

O.K.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail