[lit-ideas] Re: Text of bin Laden Tape/ size matters/dogs

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 04:28:35 EST

I owned a pure-bred black lab many years ago.  She was a wonderfully  sweet
dog.  And the most high-strung animal I've ever seen. She had a tail  that
packed the wallop of a well-swung baseball bat, and every time she wagged  it
she
cleared the coffee table in the blink of an eye.  She was also a  chewer.  She
severed the corner of the wooden frame of my waterbed quite  nicely and liked
to munch on rocks.  I adored that animal, but as I was  living in a
one-bedroom apartment at the time and as her jumping acrobatics just  didn't
quite work
there, I had to give her to a family who had acres of farmland  for her to
run.  I've had some wonderful and some awful dogs since.   My most wonderful
pet
was a mutt -- a Collie/Hound mix.  He was  amazing.  Best friend to my
kids....  he died of old age.  Then  came the series of evil dogs -- a pit bull
mix
(courtesy of my husband's  daughter), a lab mix, a doby-hound mix who bit
everyone and cornered my child  snarling (we had to put him down).  Now I have
sheltie, a little female  sheltie, and she is wonderful.  Although she *does*
insist on herding  anything that moves down the street.

Julie Krueger
living with dogs, mice, cats, and ferrets (courtesy of my 12 yr old  daughter
who is Ms. Doolittle.)

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Text of bin Laden
Tape/ size matters/dogs  Date: 1/23/06 9:30:11 PM Central Standard Time
From: _Ursula@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
Really David, how can you put black labs in the  same sentencewith
biiiiig truuuuuucks?
They are the suckiest dogs on the  planet.  Although I have heard some
breeders suggest not to get them if  you have small children.  But that's
because labs are big  children.  And will knock over small children in
their silly eagerness  to play.   I can tell you've never owned a lab...
Ursula   (who has owned 4 labs)

David Ritchie:

I'm running  three threads together because when I take my Border