[lit-ideas] Re: Text of bin Laden Tape

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:44:36 -0500

Napoleon also backed up his rhetoric with boots on the ground and strategy.
Their thinking this or that is like us taking credit for the demise of the
Soviet Union.  It makes them/us feel good but if we're strong, solvent and
well defended, what difference does it make what they think.  Instead,
we're overstretched financially and militarily, with porous unattended
borders and with a sore butt for good measure.  But none of that
information makes the slightest bit of difference.  To Napoleon it would
have.