[lit-ideas] Re: Text of bin Laden Tape

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:58:24 -0500

Interpretations are interesting but they don't address the issue that we're
burying ourselves in debt in exchange for the opportunity to prove, again, that
we're not invincible.  The Soviet Union did what we're doing.  Do you remember
that Robert MacNamara was against invading Iraq?  Why do you think he was
against it?  It's good to know history, but it's also good to learn from it.
As is typical for the human race, we've learned nothing except an interesting,
albeit completely useless, bunch of facts.