[lit-ideas] Re: Testing mail, and Descartes's Demon

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 13:42:04 -0500

Omar, what kind of tech support are you looking for?  I'm very good at
refrigeration -- especially commercial refrigeration, in particular walk-in
coolers and freezers, and of course, ice machines.  In fact, I'm often
referred to as a Refrigerationist, but I have never limited myself to
Refrigerationism.  I'm an equal opportunity thermologist and I am generally
recognized as equally knowledgeable about air conditioning which, of
course, includes heating, cooling and ventilation -- especially (again)
with commercial equipment.  I'm adept at repairing commercial cooking
equipment as well, so keep that in mind.  I'm not that experienced in
Industrial HVAC/R, and I feel that residential HVAC/R is beneath my level
of expertise.  So please, only call on me for commercial work.  Yes, I am a
snob and deserve to be.  I think I would be good starring in TV commercials
related to the HVAC/R service industry.  I have a sincere and
honest sounding voice and can look the part of a mechanic. And though I
wouldn't describe myself as handsome, a woman once said that I was "cute".
I think that should count for something.  So if producing TV commercials
for the HVAC/R service industry is your gig, please keep me in mind.  8 x
10 b&w glossies provided upon request.  You might think that this message
has gone far afield from your request for tech support, however you should
keep in mind that this is a philosophy and literature discussion group and
who amongst us dast define either literature or philosophy?  Surely no one
would be so fool-hardy.  I know from mine own private philosophizing that
most people are as stupid as I am and so....   I haven't yet finished that
thought, maybe you can help me here.  There's a fella called J. L. Speranza
what writes long writs on this discussion board.  You may know him.  Some
call him J., some call him L.  Some even call him JL while some others
don't call him at all.  He gets drunk on Grice on ice, methinks.  Me?  I
used to get drunk on everything, but time has turned me out.  Can't even
drink dandelion wine anymore.  Sobriety sucks, but at least you still get
to bitch, not so down below.   And so.  I hope this attempt at tech support
supported and was not just purported support.

Mike Geary
where Memphis meets the Mississippi (river and state) and no one even cares.
Now back to Sabbatical