[lit-ideas] Re: Terror Management Theory

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:50:43 -0500

I was thinking a few days ago about a psych study done years ago that
purported to show that heightened feelings (particularly fear, I think,
engendered by a trip across a sketchy (as my daughter would say)
swinging bridge) rendered the subject prone to rate someone they met on
the other side as more attractive than rated by those who had not felt
fear.   Maybe this explains the attraction of GWB.
Ursula Stange,
musing in North Bay