[lit-ideas] Re: Teemu's Hypothesis Tested (Was: "Doff Thy Name")

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 23:27:35 -0500

I have had conversations with that other gendered sex about EVERYTHING and the
only thing we agreed on is that the difference twixt us isn't gender or sex,
it's species.  We're different species.  I know this contradicts the
biologists' definition of species as related organisms capable of
interbreeding,  We can do that all right, we just have no common ground about
anything else -- we're NOT related organisms.  I used to want to understand
women, know their souls, I thought it might teach me some good pick-up tricks,
but they took me seriously, "thought I was more fully human". Whatever that
means.

Mike Geary
no time for genderizing
in Memphis