[lit-ideas] Re: Tarbuck and Tarski

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:38:31 +0100 (BST)

Could have referred you to the resignation of Claire Short over the war in
Iraq, but that story has arguably been eclipsed by the following breaking
news about Tarbuck:-

The connection with Tarski is that if you follow this story you may well have
enough time on your hands to seek out a short paper by David Miller, "Popper
and Tarski", Ch.4/p.56 of "Popper's Open Society After 50 Years" (Jarvie,
Pralong eds.) As I may be in tempted in future to draw heavily from this
paper when I get back to Tarski, I thought perhaps I should give others the
chance to read it and criticise it and maybe save me from potential error and
general time-wasting.

Donal
Busy attending a T-Convention
London