[lit-ideas] Taking bets

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:56:19 EDT

Hi,
I have like four emails written in response to Andy's  question <g> but none
of them are ready yet.

On a different list, we are wondering how much we want  to bet whether or not
Halliburton gets massive contracts to rebuild New  Orleans...what a grand
thought.

and then...one of the other listern posted this  link...the fellow had
checked to see if Halliburton had given anything (I had  checked on some of the
large Missouri companies--most of them have...many, like  Monsanto in St. Louis
had already sent $1 million--750,000 to the Red Cross and  250,000 to United
Way
in New Orleans...and plan on doing more.)

Halliburton is planning on nothing...but go look at this  link and see what
Investors Business Daily just put out...
_http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/8/31/183129/626_
(http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/8/31/183129/626)

I'm sure most of you are on other lists and are hearing  of the awesome
giving going on by those people in other parts of Louisiana and  (esp) Texas.
(even
while they apologize for unleashing Bush onto the rest  of the world <g>. I
don't know if they will ever get over that...) In  addition, there are so many
from here, ham radio operators on the way,  etc.

I am planning to respond to Andy more thoughtfully than  just the thought
that G-d was punishing NO because they had more overdue library  books than
anywhere in the WORLD and BEYOND!  [just kidding! He/She would  not have
destroyed
the libraries were that so...  No, It was really because  of all the shrimp
they eat...remember the link that Eric posted some time ago  about how much G-d
hates shrimp? _http://wwww.godhatesshrimp.com_
(http://wwww.godhatesshrimp.com)    THAT is a joke, too!!!  and NONE of that
was from any semblance of the
conservative/fundamentalist type.)