[lit-ideas] Re: *TODAY*: Lecture by Geary on "I Pitagorici" (ENROLEMENT still OPEN)

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 09:01:31 EDT

Well, not really --. I've been sending that post to lit-ideas for ages,  etc.
I don't think teemu or andreas or lit-ideas felt like distributing it.  Mind,
your reply, was only sent to _me_. Incidentally, I wondered how the system
managed to send it to you at earthlink.net when I addressed, by mistake, to
earthlink.com. I suppose that's Archemidian, rather than Pythagorean, but
yes...

So, if you send your reply to this (copying this, of course), we'll all  have
publicly your yay, yay, yay.

I have loads to share with lit-ideas. I have _not_ been reading all the
interesting posts by Julie, David, R. Paul, Wager, etc. because, trust me,
everytime I tried to send something to lit-ideas, cc-ing andreas and
_teemu17@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:teemu17@xxxxxxxxx) , it failed. I suppose it's  the
old curse
still given to me by C. Bruce, -- but he _did_ say he had a  personal problem
(and not with me!).

Anyway, life is good

Cheers,

JL

In a message dated 5/28/2008 8:16:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Yay, yay, yay!  JL is back!  I'd begun to fear  he'd drowned in his Loeb
Swimming Pool.  But no, he's just been studying  the Pythagoreans.  Pie are
round,
cake are square, whatever, and all  that stuff.  As we all know Thales was
much impressed with the young  Pythagoras and advised him to head to Memphis
and
study with the priests  there who were renowned for their wisdom as indeed
they still are.  It  was in Memphis that Py first formulated his famous
theorem,
probably from  studying their famous stainless steel Pyramid.

Good to know you're still with us, JL.

Mike Geary
Memphis