[lit-ideas] Re: Superman Returns

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 12:20:10 -0700

Judith Evans wrote:

It seems to me Alzheimer's can be a cause of death; admittedly
the proximate cause would be starvation (some prefer to call it
dehydration) and admittedly also once someone is that weak, an
infection that would not normally be fatal, is.  Still, I'd be
inclined to say Alzheimer's was a cause.

Could be, Judy. My point was that dementia is not a cause. (My further point, in coversation with Lawrence, was that Alzheimer's and dementia are not synonymous.)

Robert