[lit-ideas] Sunday Twofer

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 11:08:18 -0700

Our newspaper has a story about the Republican candidate for governor, who
wanted to destroy his house and build a better one.  Instead of paying folk
with big hammers and machines to whack at it, he hired an appraiser to decide
that the structure was worth three hundred and fifty thousand dollars, and then
had the fire brigade come around to burn it down.  The full "value" then came
off his taxes.
Thus the next most urgent question for you appraisers must be: how much of a
deduction would this twofer be worth, were I to become careless with matches?

an iffy bit
with three quick things in
one a squirrel
the other a small cat named jeeves