[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Twofer

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 10:53:43 -0700

Rising early some day this week I saw my neighbor H. pour white liquid from a weedkilling sprayer directly into the storm drain.

Now I will admit to thinking and maybe even saying,
back when the boy scouts spray painted our drains with stencils of fish,
to help "save" the salmon, the shad and the chub, "Who the hell hasn't heard, in this day and age, how one thing leads to another?" The answer is, apparently, "A man who retired from the Corps which runs the Bonneville Dam."

Imagine Lutherans holding a fundraiser at a winery,
with belly dancing.
No?  Is it better when I make stuff up?

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon