[lit-ideas] Sunday Twofer

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 11:32:40 -0800

coke will say today on superbowl sunday that it's the real thing this week i've
been comparing photos of bright young things to those imaginary creatures of
wodehouse and waugh funny though the fictional beings are what fool would
prefer the company of an imagined newt fancier to real biography well me the
real beings seem so sad and desperate so cruel it is as if the war destroyed
all capacity for empathy one example they gather round workmen in piccadilly
posing early the workmen are on the clock about to use pneumatic drills these
young twits are saying darling to one another press the shutter do and then let
us away to our beds the real thing had no chance to dance they had to look into
the camera and try a half a smile
alien beings who don't know the drill

the news is as simple as the offside rule
west brom's popov was sent off
not for coughing but spitting
then he said he was sorry through peter odemwingie's tweat
odemwingie had been sentenced to not training with the team
for the crime of traveling to london
trying like a striker and with the 'elp of 'arry
to bob and weave his way from the bromwich deal

David Ritchie,
Portland,