[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Twofer

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:32:06 -0800

As for the other poem, I knew I had a tune in my head and that the words must be a parody of sorts, but I couldn't bring the original to mind. Now that the twofer is gone from my head, the original reappeared; it's some sort of memory-distorted version of, "Stand up, stand up for Jesus." Ages seven to ten in a school for sons of Congregationalist missionaries has lingering effects!

Bonus points if you figured out the ref. before I did.

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/s/t/standufj.htm

David Ritchie,
sitting in
Portland, Oregon