[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Poem

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:06:07 -0500

Lawrence Helm wrote:

"So now that you've exposed and humiliated me as not being a David Bowie
listener ..."

Speaking for myself, I had no intention of humiliating Lawrence.  I was
merely adding to the poem's context.  Lawrence, you see too much of the
world in terms of being either right or wrong.  There certainly are
situations where there is either a right or wrong answer, but to quote
the Philosopher, "It is the mark of an educated man to seek as much
precision in things of a given genus as their nature allows."

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON