[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Poem

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:08:58 -0500

A very good poem with its sidebar into Tolstoyan views of history!

Reminds me of a man I met in Pennsylvania. He was originally from the Netherlands. His family was killed by Allied bombing in World War II. He became an American citizen, and was an insurance salesman. I asked him if he blamed the Allies for the tragedy and he said, "No, no. That had to be done."

My take is that Osama has several large boils on his butt.