[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Poem

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 22:26:22 -0700

On Apr 8, 2007, at 7:58 PM, John McCreery wrote:

On 4/9/07, Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I hadn't really stolen them, John, but there was no way to insure them -- they do want receipts -- most were bought from friends or individuals, the oxy-acetylene outfit was more than 20 years old, the arc welder I could probably come up with a receipt, but it wasn't insured. Losing the tools pissed me off, but it was losing the sculpture that really ripped me. Such
is life.

Ain't it, just.

The bible, or some such text, tells us that the rain it raineth on the just and the unjust,
but if you ask me, I'd tell you it raineth more on folks like us,
innocently trying out chaise lounges,
believing the sun will come,
not knowing that actually
the pathetic fallacy