[lit-ideas] Re: Study: Media coverage has favored Obama campaign

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 16:21:35 -0500

Mike: Eric believes with no evidence to support him that a large soul and an enquiring mind is preferable to xenophobic rejection of otherness. I believe that too, but recognize that there's no evidence for it, only preference for it.

That's MISTER Knight of the Enlarged Soul Redneck, buster.

What you call "preference" is in fact the evidence of our own lives, with its meticulous documentation. The laboratory is our psyche, the tests involve suffering, desire, and joy, the metrics include our ability to praise rather than to blame. Those people in white lab coats? They're the angels of our better natures.

Unlike grant-hog scientists previously deplored, we have to provide our own funding. It's always thus when the Great Plains meets the great fancies.

Further, "evidence" outside the most narrow empirical bounds is an indication that makes evident ... what? To demand narrow-bounded "evidence" of large-bounded life is like a whale asking for a bar of soap. To rename the evidence of living "prejudice" is like calling a headache a thunderstorm.

Yours,
Bubba Billy-Bob Joey Cleetus Norbert von Turn und Taxis