[lit-ideas] Re: Stasi on our Minds

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 21:23:27 -0500

LH:
Perhaps you were influenced by Dorothy Day's Catholic Worker's Movement and never learned that she was much more conservative than she seemed.<<

I was indeed influenced by Dorothy Day and the Catholic Worker Movement, and I'm fully cognizant of the conservative contradictions in her soul -- one cannot be a devout Catholic without being self-contradictory, believe me. It never bothered me because I never looked to her for guidance in sexual mores, but in social conscience. If you want, I can pray to Dorothy Day for your conversion to Liberalism -- if it happens, it'll be considered a miracle and chalked up to sainthood for DD. Just say the word.

Mike Geary
Memphis