[lit-ideas] Spread A Little Happiness As You Go By

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 17:54:55 -0400

In a message dated 8/5/2015 1:31:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Furthermore, the issues of optimism/pessimism are only contingently
related to how we reconcile ourselves with a so-called 'scientific conception
of
the world'.

Many love "If you were the only girl in the world and I WAS the only boy".
Not that many (but I do) love Grey's OTHER collaborations. One is for a
masculine version of "Cinderella". The title role, Cinderello, sings:

the rule is old
so I've been told
but still it's worth its weiglht in gold
it pays you back a thousandfold
so be enrolled
upon the lists
of optimists
& disregard the pessimists
this life is short so try to smile
each little while

I think he is thinking Schopenhauer but Cinderello won't say it!

Cheers,

Speranza

* There is a version by "Sting" in a Dennis Potter BBC special.