[lit-ideas] Re: Spot the philosopher

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:21:57 +0000 (GMT)

Here's a (perhaps) interesting quiz: given the following six possibilities (3
philosophers, 3 not) which are the following weere said by which and by who?

1. Prince Phillip
2. Karl Popper
3. Freud
4. J.S. Bach
5. Wittgenstein
6. Adolf Hitler

Quotations as follows:-

A. "We tend to take the speech of a Chinese for inarticulate gurgling".

B. `Reading the Socratic dialogues one has the feeling: what a frightful
waste of time! What's the point of these arguments that prove nothing and
clarify nothing?`

C. `I really do think with my pen, because my head often knows nothing about
what my hand is writing.`

D. `Rousseau's character has something Jewish about it.`

E. `Within the history of the peoples' of Europe the history of the Jes is
not treated as circumstancially as their intervention in European affairs
would actually merit, because within this history they are experienced as a
sort of disease, an anomaly, and no one wants to put a disease on the same
level as normal life.`

F. `A proposition has sense only if I know what is the case if it is false.`

Donal
Fastest Finger First

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease
of use." - PC Magazine
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html