[lit-ideas] Re: Spokeo

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 09:00:22 -0700

On Oct 30, 2011, at 7:40 AM, Lawrence Helm wrote:

> Julie,
>
> I am not on “google talk, fb, myspace, twitter, etc”; so they don’t have very
> much information about me.

Some indication of which records are being used: neither of my daughters exists
in Spokeo's spooky world, even though they both use facebook, have mobile phone
numbers, drivers' licenses, pay federal and state taxes.  They don't pay
property taxes and they've not been listed in a phone book.  My wife, by
contrast, has four identities, apparently owns houses worth four different
amounts, has varying religious affiliations.  There are lots of people with the
same name as me.

David Ritchie,
Witness Protection Program,
Wyoming.