[lit-ideas] Re: Spinoza Reference Found

  • From: "Steve Chilson" <stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 01:56:25 +0000

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:23:11 -0600, "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
said:

> As we say in the trade, "when all else fails, read the instructions."

the problem with that theory is that it's too simple.  Like stopping at
the petrol station to ask directions.

I suggest reading the history of vacuum cleaners, in afrikaans.  You
learn a practical trade, a language and a future given that the next
world cup will be held down there.

otherwise, when all else fails, blow yourself and all those around up
sky high and leave plenty of puddles of blood in your wake to make sure
they knew you were there.

or buddism, or supporting aston villa, or eating pork rinds, or becoming
scottish and doing it in the shetlands so as not to have to be bothered
by it all.

Mr Geary's posts resonate with me in that I'm a failed list serve
subscriber who has written too many novels and can't stop writing novels
long enough to post a few intriguing posts in a list serve.  it's the
bane of my existence, really.  Every time I have a poignant thought
about what a great email I could write, I become paralised by all the
novels I'm busy writing.

It's like scuba diving in a way, the transition of breathing in and
breathing out.

Fortunately for me, I live in a country that has no air conditioners.
--
  Steve Chilson
  stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx