[lit-ideas] Speranzism

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:19:46 EDT

In a message dated 7/6/2009 1:15:22 P.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> O.  T. O. H., I have  also met Searle...

Is all this just to get back at Paul Stone????  :  )

----

Not necessarily.

I ignored his condescension that  my life is a quotation and a name-drop.
Insulting.

I meant to say that  these names mean THINGS to me. The nose of Derrida was
_BIG_, and his French  unintelligible. He had grey hair and was short.

Searle has gotten the  worst publicity in centuries, but I find the man
funny. My mother thinks he is  very sexy. I forget where he was born, but he
was educated at Oxford and has his  DPhil under Strawson, and contributed to
the PGRICE.

To me, life is who  you meet (in life).

burrellism: a statement about the meaning of  life.

Cheers,

J. L. Speranza
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Steps!