[lit-ideas] Re: Speaking of weapons technology...

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 01:00:02 -0500

Irene: a beautiful riding mower for only $819 which I
have my eye on for the spring

A "riding mower"? What's up with that? Doesn't that conflict with your eco-stewardship/fitness beliefs? I use a regular gas mower for the orchard on the hill, but am looking for an old-fashioned push mower I can restore. You know, really work up a sweat? Avoid the petroleum economy. Plus every year, you get to use files to sharpen the blades.

Speaking of sharpening with files, I guess you're the sort who sends your hand saws in to be sharpened by machine. (Or worse, uses electric saws for everything.) If so, you're missing the aesthetic of using the saw-sharpening clamp and doing it by hand.

Holier than thou,
Mr. Fixit