[lit-ideas] Re: Speaking of weapons technology...

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:07:33 -0500

>>Come to think of it, I don't own a space ship either,
which means I spare humanity a lot of waste in fuel,
environment damage and so on.

That's easy for you. I need a space ship where I live. It's sixteen light-years to the nearest bookstore, and no way am I going to drive that. The neighbors get a new space ship every three years, but I keep my old Mercury-era capsule working instead of plunking down serious dough for one of those faster-than-light fuel hogs.