[lit-ideas] Re: Speaking of weapons technology...

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:01:10 -0500

Once upon a time only the U.S. had the bomb.  Now the bomb is all but
commonplace.  How long until the undesirables have this new technology?  Or
find a way around it?

I just got ripped off by Home Depot ($255 worth and there's nothing I can do
about it).  This experience confirms to me what I've been saying all along,
that people love to hurt one another, in any way, shape or form they can do it.
  So *of course* all the energy is going into finding bigger and better
military weapons instead of a real solution.

The only end to all this escalation will be, ironically, in my opinion, global
warming, which may bring the world together to fight what will in the near
future become a worldwide emergency.  Or it will  just ignite more war, who
knows.  Even if it manages some cooperation, by then it will be too late.
Yeah, I know, dooming and glooming again, except it's true.  Regarding global
warming, virtually all scientists are in agreement it's happening and happening
now.  Only the oil and related companies are still saying it's not happening.
That is, in fact, why people are unaware of it, because the media is required
to present "balanced" views, and the only views that "balance" are supplied by
the oil companies.  That makes it look still controversial, when it's not
controversial at all among scientists.  It's happening.  In the meantime, we
search on for better ways to kill and hurt each other.  So weird.