[lit-ideas] Re: Speaking of *mowing* technology...

  • From: Chris Bruce <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:11:24 +0100

On 21. Nov 2006, at 07:00, Eric Yost wrote:

Doesn't that conflict with your eco-stewardship/fitness beliefs? I use a regular gas mower for the orchard on the hill, but am looking for an old-fashioned push mower I can restore. You know, really work up a sweat? Avoid the petroleum economy.

Holier than thou,
Mr. Fixit

Mr. Fixit - you've both shamed and inspired me. Here powered lawn mowers are for the most part electric - which 'avoid the petroleum economy' for something far worse. Up until now I've been using the landlord's electric mower for our (and their) lawn. And in Germany (although the world leader in wind-power) 'electric' means for the most part 'nuclear fission powered'.

Chris Bruce
doffing his metaphoric lead-lined gardening overalls
and getting to work on his New Year's resolutions, in
Kiel, Germany