[lit-ideas] Re: Speaking of ...

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:39:14 -0500

When you look at it this way, walking 5 miles in one direction for
groceries is a piece of cake.  Even if the grocery stores around here
offered delivery service, which they don't, it's still rather isolating
without a car.  I guess that's why before people had cars, they had horses.
It's a very very small world in the U.S. without a car.

For Mike, your post sounds like the administration's environmental policy.
It's too late for the earth anyway.  Kurt Vonnegut said a few years ago
that we've gone beyond the point of no return, and increasingly it looks
like he's right.  We treat the earth the way we treat each other, almost as
bad as the way we treat animals.

Changing the subject, check this out.  In your computer, go into Notepad
(Programs, Accesories, Notepad).  On the blank page type,  Bush hid the
facts    (Capital B, no punctuation).  Save it to your desktop (call it bb
or anything), exit out of it and go back to desktop and open it and see
what happens.

Have a nice Thanksgiving.