[lit-ideas] Re: Sour Grapes

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:17:10 -0800

Does anybody out there know how to pronounce Annie Proulx' (Proulx's?) last name?

I always thought it was Proo.

I've also assumed it's Proo.

Someone told me today that Aisha Tyler pronounces her name "ah-EE-sha." That's
pretty funny.

My brother the lawyer hired a Puerto Rican receptionist. He knew he made a wrong decision when she asked a client "How do you spell Jose?" And she's Puerto Rican?

A few weeks later, she was taking a message from a client named Xiang. She asked "Is that X, as in Zebra?" He fired her.

It's become a running joke in the family. "Is that X, as in Zebra?"

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com