[lit-ideas] Re: Soliciting Funds for Cars

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 08:21:46 EST

Well, not for a single person, I don't suppose they are impractical -- when
I was in College I had a Spider Fiat and certainly didn't consider *it*
impractical .....  but then I got married and my (now-ex) husband thought  it
incredibly impractical as he liked to do his own automotive repairs and  didn't
own
metric tools to deal with the "spaghetti can".  (He took it to  work one day
and abandoned it somewhere in the country fields.  I was  livid.)  But back to
the question of Mini-Cooper practicality -- groceries  and kiddos to haul!
And yes, I badly miss parallel parking my Fiat!   (and the 30 some odd miles
per gallon.)  (Oh, and the turning a hair-pin  curve at 90 mph and stopping on
dime and oh, yes.....  the wooden  dashboard etc.  God, I loved that car.
And I *hate* automatics, which  is what I have now -- a thoroughly practical
grocery-getter.  There's  no fun in driving if you don't have a stick-shift!).

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Soliciting Funds
for Cars  Date: 3/1/06 7:09:34 A.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why is a mini-cooper impractical, Julie? They seem
to have extremely tight turning radii--that must
be why they are so  popular here. Can fit them in
spots that other cars  avoid.